2020 AIME Qualifiers Announced — 82 Students Qualified for the AIME

Earlier this week, the MAA AMC released the official cutoff scores for qualifying for this year’s AIME competition, as well as the scores needed for distinction and honor roll. All the details can found at: 2020 AIME Qualification Scores

While we have not received all the complete results from the MAA/AMC yet, we have 82 students who qualified for the AIME either through the AMC 10A/12A or the AMC 10B/12B. One of our students was among the 11 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 12A: Yiyang X., and one of our students was among the 13 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 10A: Jason W.

In addition, 52 of our students in grade 8 or below qualified for the AIME, including 43 middle schoolers and 9 elementary schoolers.

Table 1: Distribution of 82 AIME Qualifiers

Contests AIME qualifiers
AMC 10A 27
AMC 10B 16
AMC 12A 24
AMC 12B 15
Total 82

Table 2: Distribution of 76 National Awardees

Contests Distinction Awards
(top 5%)
Honor Roll of Distinction Awards
(top 1%)
Total
AMC 10A 10 15 25
AMC 10B 8 7 15
AMC 12A 8 14 22
AMC 12B 6 8 14
Total 32 44 76

Moreover, 73 of our students (including 52 AIME qualifiers) in grade 8 or below scored at least 90 points and ranked among the top 10% of all test takers.  These students will receive the Certificate of Merit Award from the MAA/AMC.

We had a very large number of students this year qualify for the AIME through both the AMC 10 and AMC 12. Actually, 85% of our students qualified for the AIME. The other 15% of our students came extremely close to qualifying. All of their hard work paid off!

We are extremely proud of our students’ great achievements and wish them well in the AIME and USAJMO/USAMO!

Team_Building-338.fc.image

The AMC 10 and AMC 12 are part of the United States of America Math Olympiad (USAMO). Students must score highly on these tests in order to take part in the AIME, and then the USAJMO/USAMO exam, which is used to choose members for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).

There are many math competitions in the United States. Of those, only

AMC → AIME → USAMO sequence

would take you to the IMO (International Math Olympiad), the highest level math competition for high school students in the world!

AMC-General

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKeAAAAJDkzYTk2ZjE5LTk1YWQtNDBkNy1hZDhjLTVjOTA2YWQ2NmQ2Mw

Our Uniqueness

We have a long history of close collaboration with the MAA‘s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC), which are dedicated to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of our nation’s youth, and are the first of a series of competitions in high school mathematics that determine the United States team for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).

We are only one in the Washington DC metropolitan area to offer elementary, middle, and high-school level competition math courses. Our students have received top scores and awards at prestigious national math competitions.

Great Benefits of Math Competitions

In an increasingly competitive college application pool, the process of mastering math skills through our courses and participating in the American Math Competitions will help students strengthen and diversify their extracurricular activities. These contests can motivate students’ interest and passion in math, and they can discover their talent through solving challenging problems different from those in the school classes. Many top colleges also request AMC scores as part of the college application process. Both MIT and Caltech have entry blanks on their official admission application forms for the applicant to enter their best AMC and AIME scores. Ivy League Colleges and Stanford ask for to the AMC and AIME scores in their Supplement to the Common Application Forms. Your children deserve the chance to list these scores on their applications! Good AMC scores will greatly enhance admission opportunities for students to elite colleges.

Read more:

Contact Information:

Ivy League Education Center
Tel:  301-922-9508     or        240-780-8828
Email:  chiefmathtutor@gmail.com

education priceless treasure

2014124135627709

Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!sat-logo-3

Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!

AIME_RGB

aime new

amc-10-12-new

AIME

AMC-logo-horizontal-02

Julia-Sun-AMC-900x582

AMC_Airlines_logo_svg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s