Math competitions test one’s skills in mathematical problem solving. These competitions are available around the country throughout the year for all levels whether you are in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college. Most of these contests have a variety of challenging problems that a student has to solve within a specific time limit.
Most of the standard coursework in middle schools and high schools in America do not prepare a student for Math Competitions as most of these schools consider advanced problem solving a hobby or a special club. Math competitions confront you with problems that you may have never seen before and almost always there are multiple ways to solve these problems reinforcing your deeper understanding of mathematics. Problem solving skills acquired through participating in math competitions have long lasting positive effects which will help a student through their education in college as well as professional or academic careers.
As these competitions become tougher, the participation of girls including their achievements at higher levels drop significantly. We have to change that and we can definitely inspire, encourage, and support more and more girls to participate and prepare for these competitions!
Read more at:
- 2016 Fall – Competitive Math Prep
- Chief Instructor: Dr. Henry Wan
- Notable Achievements of Our Students
- Small-sized Class Instruction Focused Model
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials
- Optimal Strategies to Solve Hard AMC Geometry Problems
- Why Discrete Math is very Important
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Why are Math Competitions Important to Girls?
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!