Math contests are a fun way to show off your math skills. Doing well in a math contest takes a lot of advanced preparation and practice.
1. AMC 8 (Grades 8 and below) — Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016
2. MATHCOUNTS (Grades 6-8)
- School competitions generally take place in December 2016 or January 2017; the 2017 School Competition test will be available to registered competition coaches by Nov. 1, 2016 through the Competition Coach Section.
- Chapter competitions will take place in February 2017. Contact your local chapter coordinator for information specific to your chapter competition. Find your Chapter Coordinator here.
- State Competitions are held in March 2017. Contact your state coordinator for information specific to your state competition. Find your State Coordinator here.
- The 2017 Raytheon MATHCOUNTS National Competition will take place May 13-16 in Orlando, FL
3. Math Kangaroo Contest — Thursday, March 16, 2017
4. Math League
|Contest Level||Registration Deadline||Contest Date|
|6th Grade||December 31, 2016||3rd Tues. in Feb. – February 21, 2017 or 4th Tues. in Feb. – February 28, 2017|
|7th Grade||December 31, 2016||3rd Tues. in Feb. – February 21, 2017 or 4th Tues. in Feb. – February 28, 2017|
|8th Grade||December 31, 2016||3rd Tues. in Feb. – February 21, 2017 or 4th Tues. in Feb. – February 28, 2017|
5. Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS) (Grades 6-8)
- 5 monthly contests given from November to March – no traveling
- Team has up to 35 students
- Individual; 5 non-routine problems
2016-2017 Contest Dates
|Dec 13||Dec 14|
6. Continental Mathematics League (CML)
Results Cut-off Dates
- These are the dates you must enter your scores by to have your school listed on the results report. If you miss this date, you should still enter your scores late so that your cumulative scores are correct on future meets.
- Euclidean & Pythagorean Grades 4-9: Meet 1 = November 28, 2016; Meet 2 = January 3, 2017; Meet 3 = January 30, 2017; Meet 4 = March 6, 2017; Meet 5 = April 3, 2017.
Read more at:
- 2016 Fall – Competitive Math Prep
- Chief Instructor: Dr. Henry Wan
- Notable Achievements of Our Students
- Small-sized Class Instruction Focused Model
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials
- Optimal Strategies to Solve Hard AMC Geometry Problems
- Why Discrete Math is very Important
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Why are Math Competitions Important to Girls?
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!