The AMC 8 was administered from November 14, 2017 until November 21, 2017. According to the AMC policy, students, teachers, and coaches were not allowed to discuss the contest questions and solutions until after the end of the competition window, so we are only now able to post the 2017 AMC 8 Problems and Answers. You can click the following to download them:
This year’s AMC 8 was more difficult than the last year’s AMC 8. Some hard problems were even AMC 10 level. For example, Problem 23 and Problem 24 on the 2017 AMC 8 are two typical AMC 10 hard problems.
Problem 23 is involved in detecting a sequence of four factors of 60 that forms an arithmetic progression with a common difference of 5.
Problem 24 is equivalent to finding the number of integers among the first 365 positive integers that are not divisible by 3, 4, or 5. We should use the principle of inclusion and exclusion (for 3 sets) to solve this problem.
We predict that this year’s AMC 8 Honor Roll and Distinguished Honor Roll cut-off scores will be: 17 and 20, respectively. Read more at: AMC 8 Historical Results from 2010 to 2016
Because the AMC 8 problems are getting harder, we must practice not only previous AMC 8 problems but also easy, medium, and even high difficulty level problems from previous AMC 10 to do well on the AMC 8.
More details can be found at:
- The Hardest Problems on the 2017 AMC 8 are Extremely Similar to Previous Problems on the AMC 8, 10, 12, Kangaroo, and MathCounts
- AMC 8 Historical Results from 2010 to 2016
- The AMC 10/12 Contests at Montgomery College on February 7, 2018, and February 15, 2018
- 2016 AMC 8 Results Announced — Eleven Students Received Perfect Scores
- 20 Sets of AMC 8 Mock Test with Detailed Solutions
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- AMC 8/10/12/AIME Problems and Answers
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Small-sized Class Instruction-focused Model
- Homework Correction is very Important — We Give an Extensive Correction of the Incorrect Answers of All Homework
- Homework assignments are a fundamental part of our courses
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
- Why Math Competitions are so Important to Girls?
- 2015 AMC 8 Results Announced
- 2014 AMC 8 Winners for the U.S. Ivy League Education Center
- Why Discrete Math is very Important
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!