Based on our intensive research and comparison of this year’s AMC 10A/12A problem sets with the problem sets of the last 18 years from 2000 to 2017, we predicted that this year’s AMC 10A/12A AIME Cutoff Scores would be:
- AMC 10A: 110
- AMC 12A: 93
This year the MAA/AMC will release the AIME cutoff scores later than usual. The real AIME qualifying scores will be officially announced by the AMC Office on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Cutoff scores from 2000 to 2017 can be found at:
- 2017 AMC 10A/12A AIME Cutoff Scores
- 2017 AMC 10B/12B AIME Cutoff Scores
- Cutoff scores for AIME qualification in 2016
- AMC 10/12 Historical Results
This year’s AMC 10A was more difficult than the last year’s AMC 10A. This year’s AMC 12A was harder than the last year’s AMC 12A.
More details can be found at:
- 2018 Spring – Competitive Math Courses
- Online High School Competitive Math (for 6th to 11th graders) Spring Sessions Starting Feb. 18
- High School Competitive Math (for 6th to 11th graders) Spring Sessions Starting Feb. 18
- 365-hour Project to Qualify for the AIME through the AMC 10/12 Contests
- AMC 10 versus AMC 12
- American Mathematics Contest 10 (AMC 10)
- American Mathematics Contest 12 — AMC 12
- Notable Achievements of Our Students
- AMC 10/12 Historical Results
- The AMC 10 and AMC 12 Have 10-15 Questions in Common
- Some Problems on the 2016 AMC 10/12 are Exactly the Same as Previous AMC/ARML Problems
- Every Student Should Take Both the AMC 10A/12A and 10 B/12B!
- Students Can Easily Qualify for the AIME Through the AMC 12 During 11th and 12th Grade
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- A Little Competition can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Optimal Strategies to Solve Hard AMC Geometry Problems
- Why Discrete Math Is Very Important
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!
In 2017, we have 61 students who are qualified to take the AIME either through the AMC 10A/12A or AMC 10B/12B. One of our students was among the 28 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 10A: Austen M., and two of our students were among the 65 Perfect Scorersworldwide on the AMC 10B: Ashwin A. and Brad Z. Remarkably, eight middle schoolers and one elementary schooler qualified for the AIME, which is geared toward high school students. Very impressively, Bryan Z., a 6th grader, gained a score of 132 out of 150 on the AMC 10B.
Read more at: 2017 AIME Qualifiers Announced — 61 Students Qualified for the AIME
In 2016, we have 36 students who are qualified to take AIME either through AMC 10A/12A or AMC 10B/12B. One of our students was among the 23 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 10A: Joel (Junyao) T. Particularly, seven middle schoolers and one elementary schooler qualified for the AIME, which is geared toward high school students. Pravalika P., a 6th grader, got a 115.5 out of 150 on the AMC10B, which is very impressive. Read more at: 2016 AIME Qualifiers Announced — 36 Students Qualified for AIME
From 2011 to 2015, in total, 37 students scored above 120 on the American Mathematics Contest 10 (AMC 10) and qualified for the American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME); 26 students scored above 100 on the American Mathematics Contest 12 (AMC 12) and qualified for the American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME); 3 students qualified for the USA Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO), the highest level of math competition for high school students in the USA. Read more at: Notable Achievements of Our Students
We have a long history of close collaboration with the MAA‘s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC), which are dedicated to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of our nation’s youth, and are the first of a series of competitions in high school mathematics that determine the United States team for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). There are many math competitions in the United States. Of those, only AMC → AIME → USAMO sequence would take you to the IMO (International Math Olympiad), the highest level math competition for high school students in the world.
We are only one in the Washington DC metropolitan area to offer elementary, middle, and high-school level competition math courses. Our students have received top scores and awards at prestigious national and math competitions. We have collected all AMC8/10/12 and AIME Official Problems and Official Solutions as shown in the article ” American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials,” which have formed our “big data” system, a golden resource for our students, who are the ultimate beneficiaries.