The 2018 AMC 12B was held on February 15, 2018. At over 4,600 U.S. high schools in every state, more than 420,000 students were presented with a set of 25 questions rich in content, designed to make them think and sure to leave them talking.
Each year the AMC 10 and AMC 12 are on the National Association of Secondary School Principals’ Advisory List of Contests and Activities. Many top colleges also request AMC scores as part of the college application process. Both MIT and Caltech have entry blanks on their official admission application forms for the applicant to enter their best AMC and AIME scores. Ivy League Collegesand Stanford ask for to the AMC and AIME scores in their Supplement to the Common Application Forms. Your children deserve the chance to list these scores on their applications! Good AMC scores will greatly enhance admission opportunities for students to elite colleges.
Mathematics is increasingly important in our technological and scientific age. Taking more mathematics in high school is the gateway to jobs and careers of all kinds, even those that are not explicitly mathematical, scientific, or technological. Participating in the AMC contests can challenge and inspire students to learn more mathematics!
The 2018 AMC 12B Problems and Answers have been posted below. You can click the following to download them:
More details can be found at:
- 2018 Spring – Competitive Math Courses
- Online High School Competitive Math (for 6th to 11th graders) Spring Sessions Starting Feb. 18
- High School Competitive Math (for 6th to 11th graders) Spring Sessions Starting Feb. 18
- 365-hour Project to Qualify for the AIME through the AMC 10/12 Contests
- AMC 10 versus AMC 12
- American Mathematics Contest 10 (AMC 10)
- American Mathematics Contest 12 — AMC 12
- Notable Achievements of Our Students
- AMC 10/12 Historical Results
- The AMC 10 and AMC 12 Have 10-15 Questions in Common
- Some Problems on the 2016 AMC 10/12 are Exactly the Same as Previous AMC/ARML Problems
- Every Student Should Take Both the AMC 10A/12A and 10 B/12B!
- Students Can Easily Qualify for the AIME Through the AMC 12 During 11th and 12th Grade
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- A Little Competition can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Optimal Strategies to Solve Hard AMC Geometry Problems
- Why Discrete Math Is Very Important
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!
We have a long history of close collaboration with the MAA‘s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC), which are dedicated to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of our nation’s youth, and are the first of a series of competitions in high school mathematics that determine the United States team for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). There are many math competitions in the United States. Of those, only AMC → AIME → USAMO sequence would take you to the IMO (International Math Olympiad), the highest level math competition for high school students in the world.
We are only one in the Washington DC metropolitan area to offer elementary, middle, and high-school level competition math courses. Our students have received top scores and awards at prestigious national and math competitions. We have collected all AMC8/10/12 and AIME Official Problems and Official Solutions as shown in the article ” American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials,” which have formed our “big data” system, a golden resource for our students, who are the ultimate beneficiaries.