The 2017 AIME I was held on March 7, 2017. 2,793 students from US and Canadian schools participated in this contest. The AIME is taken by students who achieved a score in the top 5% (approximately) on the AMC 12, and students who achieve a score in the top 2.5% (approximately) on the AMC 10. We have 52 students this year who are qualified to take the AIME through the AMC 10 and the AMC 12.
This contest leads to the USAJMO, USAMO, MOSP (Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program) and the selection of the USA team sent to the 58th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), the premier international high school level problem solving contest. This year the IMO will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from July 12 to 23, 2017.
The AIME provides the exceptional students who are invited to take it with yet another opportunity to challenge their mathematical abilities. Like all examinations, it is a means towards furthering mathematical development and interest. The real value of the examination is in the learning that can come from the preparation beforehand and from further thought and discussion of the solutions.
The 2017 AIME I Problems and Answers have been posted below. You can click the following to download them:
More details can be found at:
- 2017 Spring – Competitive Math Courses →
- 365-hour Project to Qualify for the AIME through the AMC 10/12 Contests
- Notable Achievements of Our Students
- 2017 AMC 10A/12A AIME Cutoff Scores
- 2017 AMC 10B/12B AIME Cutoff Scores
- Recent USAMO and USAJMO Qualification Indices
- AMC 8/10/12/AIME Problems and Answers
- This Year It Was Much Easier to Qualify for the AIME Through the AMC 12A Than Through the AMC 10A
- AMC 10 versus AMC 12
- American Mathematics Contest 10 (AMC 10)
- American Mathematics Contest 12 — AMC 12
- AMC 10/12 Historical Results
- The AMC 10 and AMC 12 Have 10-15 Questions in Common
- Some Problems on the 2016 AMC 10/12 are Exactly the Same as Previous AMC/ARML Problems
- Every Student Should Take Both the AMC 10A/12A and 10 B/12B!
- Students Can Easily Qualify for the AIME Through the AMC 12 During 11th and 12th Grade
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!
We have a long history of close collaboration with the MAA‘s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC), which are dedicated to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of our nation’s youth, and are the first of a series of competitions in high school mathematics that determine the United States team for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). There are many math competitions in the United States. Of those, only AMC → AIME → USAMO sequence would take you to the IMO (International Math Olympiad), the highest level math competition for high school students in the world.
We are only one in the Washington DC metropolitan area to offer elementary, middle, and high-school level competition math courses. Our students have received top scores and awards at prestigious national and math competitions. We have collected all AMC8/10/12 and AIME Official Problems and Official Solutions as shown in the article ” American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) Materials,” which have formed our “big data” system, a golden resource for our students, who are the ultimate beneficiaries.