The Distinguished Honor Roll (top 1%) level is 20 (compared to 22 last year).
The Honor Roll (top 5%) level is 17 (compared to 18 last year).
The Achievement Honor Roll (6th Grade and below) level is 15.
Based on our intensive research and comparison of this year’s AMC 8 problem set with the problem sets of the last 18 years from 1999 to 2016, we predicted that this year’s AMC 8 Honor Roll and Distinguished Honor Roll cut-off scores would be 17 and 20, respectively. Our prediction came true! For more details, please see:
This year’s AMC 8 was more difficult than the last year’s AMC 8. Some hard problems were even AMC 10 level. For example, Problem 23 and Problem 24 on the 2017 AMC 8 are two typical AMC 10 hard problems.
Because the AMC 8 problems are getting harder, we must practice not only previous AMC 8 problems but also easy, medium, and even high difficulty level problems from previous AMC 10 to do well on the AMC 8.
Read more at:
- The Hardest Problems on the 2017 AMC 8 are Extremely Similar to Previous Problems on the AMC 8, 10, 12, Kangaroo, and MathCounts
- AMC 8 Historical Results from 2010 to 2016
- The AMC 10/12 Contests at Montgomery College on February 7, 2018, and February 15, 2018
- 2016 AMC 8 Results Announced — Eleven Students Received Perfect Scores
- 20 Sets of AMC 8 Mock Test with Detailed Solutions
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- AMC 8/10/12/AIME Problems and Answers
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Small-sized Class Instruction-focused Model
- Fostering Mathematical Potential is the Best Way to Develop Your Child’s Intelligence
- How to Solve Mathematics Problems
- Homework Correction is very Important — We Give an Extensive Correction of the Incorrect Answers of All Homework
- Homework assignments are a fundamental part of our courses
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
- Why Math Competitions are so Important to Girls?
- 2015 AMC 8 Results Announced
- 2014 AMC 8 Winners for the U.S. Ivy League Education Center
- Why Discrete Math is very Important
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!