The AMC 8 was administered from November 13, 2018 until November 19, 2018. According to the AMC policy, students, teachers, and coaches were not allowed to discuss the contest questions and solutions until after the end of the competition window, so we are only now able to post the 2018 AMC 8 Problems and Answers. You can click the following to download them:
This year’s AMC 8 was MUCH more difficult than the last year’s AMC 8. Some hard problems were even at the AMC 10 level. For example, Problems 21, 22, and 24 on the 2018 AMC 8 are three typical hard-level AMC 10 problems.
We predict that this year’s AMC 8 Honor Roll and Distinguished Honor Roll cut-off scores will be: 15 and 19, respectively. Read more at: AMC 8 Historical Results from 2010 to 2017
Because the AMC 8 problems are getting harder, we must practice not only previous AMC 8 problems but also easy, medium, and even high difficulty level problems from previous AMC 10/12 to do well on the AMC 8!
More details can be found at:
- The Hardest Problems on the 2018 AMC 8 are Nearly Identical to Former Problems on the AMC 8, 10, 12, and MathCounts
- AMC 8 Historical Results from 2010 to 2017
- The AMC 10/12 Contests at Montgomery College on February 7, 2018, and February 15, 2018
- 2016 AMC 8 Results Announced — Eleven Students Received Perfect Scores
- 20 Sets of AMC 8 Mock Test with Detailed Solutions
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- AMC 8/10/12/AIME Problems and Answers
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Small-sized Class Instruction-focused Model
- Homework Correction is very Important — We Give an Extensive Correction of the Incorrect Answers of All Homework
- Homework assignments are a fundamental part of our courses
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
- Why Math Competitions are so Important to Girls?
- 2015 AMC 8 Results Announced
- 2014 AMC 8 Winners for the U.S. Ivy League Education Center
- Why Discrete Math is very Important
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!
Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!