Dear AMC community,
Starting Fall 2020, the AMC is providing an online option, in addition to the paper option to administer its competitions. Whether your participants are physically and/or virtually, attending school, we recommend participants take the competition(s) online for greater ease and convenience. Thank you for securing the safety of yourself and others during this competition administration cycle.
In considering options to administer the competitions online, the AMC looked into proctoring platforms; for the sake of our participants’ privacy and security, we decided against these options. We want to avoid placing our participants’ personal information and home environment, via video streaming and recordings, at risk.
In our physically-administered competitions, we ask competition managers to monitor participants. For the online competitions, we are now broadening our proctoring group to parent(s) or a responsible adult. Parents and competition managers are working hard to ensure the competition is administered with fidelity and adopted procedures to deter cheating during the AMC
Again we’ve made these decisions after much debate and deliberation. Thank you for being part of the AMC community and diligently adhering to the policies below. We are enthused to support you throughout the competition cycle.
–The AMC team
Important Policies for ONLINE Administration
Valid Administration Time Period
- AMC 8: Competitions must be administered between November 10 – 16 with the testing window starting 8 AM Eastern Standard time (GMT +5) on November 10, 2020 and expiring 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time (GMT +5) on November 16, 2020.
- AMC 10/12: Competitions must be administered no earlier than 8:00 AM and no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time (GMT +5) on the official USA competition dates: the AMC 10/12 A is administered on February 4, 2021 and the AMC 10/12 B on February 10, 2021.
- Proctoring options include parent/guardian proctoring and Competition Manager proctoring.
- If Competition Managers are administering the competition, then they have the option to administer the competition online or in-person (at a school or public location). Only one type of administration is allowed per competition.
- If participants are taking the AMC from home, competition managers must choose online administration for those participants. We are asking for parents or another responsible adult to serve as the AMC proctor.
- As part of the registration process, there are fields asking for the proctor’s contact information (name, email address, phone number), which can be edited until the start of the competition. If there is any suspicion of cheating or unapproved resources, proctors will be contacted. Participants should be continuously monitored by the proctor.
- View Disqualification and Cheating policies here.
More information can be found HERE.
Read more at:
- Important Dates for the AMC Competitions (2020 — 2021 School Year)
- The AMC 8 Contest at the Montgomery College on November 10, 2020
- The AMC 10/12 Contests at the Montgomery College on February 4, 2021, and February 10, 2021