93 Students Qualified for the 2021 Fall AIME and 2 Students Received Perfect Scores on the 2021 Fall AMC 10/12

The MAA AMC just released the official cutoff scores for qualifying for this school year’s AIME competition, as well as the scores needed for distinction and honor roll. All the details can found at: 2021 Fall AIME Qualification Scores

While we have not received all the complete results from the MAA AMC program yet, we have 93 students who qualified for the AIME either through the AMC 10A/12A or the AMC 10B/12B. One of our students was among the 5 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 10A: Nina L. and one of our students was among the 2 Perfect Scorers worldwide on the AMC 10B: Ming Y. This school year’s AMC 10A and AMC 10B tests are the hardest ones since the creation of the AMC 10 contest back in 2000. We are extremely proud of the great achievements and successes of Nina L. and Ming Y.

In addition, 50 of our students in grade 8 or below qualified for the AIME, including 42 middle schoolers and 8 elementary schoolers.

Table 1:  Two Perfect Scorers On The 2021 Fall AMC 10/12 Contests

Name Contest Score Grade Class Year
Nina L. AMC 10A 150 10 2021-2022 Online One-on-one Coaching
Ming Y. AMC 10B 150 9 2021-2022 Online AIME Prep Group Class

Table 2: Distribution of 93 AIME Qualifiers

Contests AIME qualifiers
AMC 10A 33
AMC 10B 16
AMC 12A 27
AMC 12B 17
Total 93

Table 3: Distribution of 81 National Awardees

Contests Distinction Awards
(top 5%)
Honor Roll of Distinction Awards
(top 1%)
Total
AMC 10A 12 17 30
AMC 10B 7 8 14
AMC 12A 10 16 23
AMC 12B 4 9 12
Total 33 50 81

We had a very large number of students this year qualify for the AIME through both the AMC 10 and AMC 12. Actually, 86.2% of our students qualified for the AIME. The other 13.8% of our students came extremely close to qualifying. All of their hard work paid off!

We are extremely proud of our students’ great achievements and wish them well in the AIME and USAJMO/USAMO!

Team_Building-338.fc.image

The AMC 10 and AMC 12 are part of the United States of America Math Olympiad (USAMO). Students must score highly on these tests in order to take part in the AIME, and then the USAJMO/USAMO exam, which is used to choose members for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).

There are many math competitions in the United States. Of those, only

AMC → AIME → USAMO sequence

would take you to the IMO (International Math Olympiad), the highest level math competition for high school students in the world!

AMC-General

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKeAAAAJDkzYTk2ZjE5LTk1YWQtNDBkNy1hZDhjLTVjOTA2YWQ2NmQ2Mw

Our Uniqueness

We have a long history of close collaboration with the MAA‘s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC), which are dedicated to strengthening the mathematical capabilities of our nation’s youth, and are the first of a series of competitions in high school mathematics that determine the United States team for the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).

We are only one in the Washington DC metropolitan area to offer elementary, middle, and high-school level competition math courses. Our students have received top scores and awards at prestigious national math competitions.

Great Benefits of Math Competitions

In an increasingly competitive college application pool, the process of mastering math skills through our courses and participating in the American Math Competitions will help students strengthen and diversify their extracurricular activities. These contests can motivate students’ interest and passion in math, and they can discover their talent through solving challenging problems different from those in the school classes. Many top colleges also request AMC scores as part of the college application process. Both MIT and Caltech have entry blanks on their official admission application forms for the applicant to enter their best AMC and AIME scores. Ivy League Colleges and Stanford ask for to the AMC and AIME scores in their Supplement to the Common Application Forms. Your children deserve the chance to list these scores on their applications! Good AMC scores will greatly enhance admission opportunities for students to elite colleges.

Read more:

Contact Information:

Ivy League Education Center
Tel:  301-922-9508     or        240-780-8828
Email:  chiefmathtutor@gmail.com

education priceless treasure

2014124135627709

Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!sat-logo-3

Click HERE to find out more about SAT Prep!

AIME_RGB

aime new

amc-10-12-new

AIME

AMC-logo-horizontal-02

Julia-Sun-AMC-900x582

AMC_Airlines_logo_svg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s