WARMEST CONGRATULATIONS TO THE STUDENTS WHO EARNED TOP SCORES ON THE 2016 AMC 8 CONTEST!
- 11 of our students were among the top 264 National Winners (Perfect Scorers).
- 16 students received National Distinguished Honor Roll Certificates awarded to top 1% test takers.
- 21 students received National Honor Roll Certificates awarded to top 5% test takers.
- 48 out of our 51 students (94%) received National Awards for the AMC 8 from the Mathematical Association of AmericaIn 2016, we had 63 students who earned top scores on the AMC 8 contest!
The 2016 AMC 8 (American Mathematics Competitions 8) was held on November 15th, 2016. This is one of the most important math competitions in America. The AMC 8 has a total score of 25. Eleven of our students were among 264 National Winners (Perfect Scorers). Click HERE see a full list of students who achieved a perfect score in the USA.
Table 1: Eleven Perfect Scorers on the 2016 AMC 8 Contest
|First Name||Last Initial||AMC 8 Score||Grade||Class Year|
|Joshua||F.||25||8||2015-16 AMC 10/12 Prep, 2016-2017 AIME Prep|
|Andrew||H.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Justin||H.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Stephen||J.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Marvin||L.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Udbhav||M.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Samuel||Q.||25||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Daniel||S.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Joshua||Y.||25||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Andras||Z.||25||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Bryan||Z.||25||6||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
Sixteen of our students received National Distinguished Honor Roll Certificates awarded to top 1% test takers.
Table 2: Sixteen National Distinguished Honor Roll Awardees
|Name||AMC 8 Score||Grade||Class Year|
|Sri J.||24||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Disha K.||24||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Pravalika P.||24||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|David W.||24||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Christopher W.||24||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Arushi A.||23||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Tristan M.||23||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Srinath M.||23||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Samuel T.||23||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Bill Y.||23||4||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Kevin Z.||23||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Phillip G.||22||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Aaron M.||22||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Sanjay S.||22||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Wyatt T.||22||7||2015-2016 One-on-one Coaching, 2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|James X.||22||7||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
Twenty–one of our students received National Honor Roll Certificates awarded to top 5% test takers.
Table 3: Twenty-One National Honor Roll Awardees
|Name||AMC 8 Score||Grade||Class Year|
|Matthew C.||21||7||2015-2016 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Jeffrey C.||21||6||2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Richard L.||21||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Sarah Z.||21||8||2015-2016, 2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Suraj O.||21||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Ethan O.||20||8||2016-2017 AMC 10/12 Prep|
|Dhruv P.||20||8||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Allen W.||20||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Caleb Z.||20||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Akhil C.||19||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Stella I.||19||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Eva L.||19||5||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Danny S.||19||7||2015-2016 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Alison W.||19||8||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Daniel C.||18||7||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Elliot K.||18||8||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|David L.||18||5||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Ivy L.||18||8||2015-2016 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Xuanhe Q.||18||8||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Danny S.||18||8||2015-2016 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
|Austin S.||18||6||2016-2017 AMC 8/MathCounts Prep|
Furthermore, four students of our in grade 6 or under received National Certificates. Very impressively, Bryan Z., a 6th grader, got a perfect score, and Bill Y., a 4th grader, attained a 23 out of 25.
In 2016, there were 51 students in grades 3-8 who attended our AMC 8 Prep or AMC 10/12 Prep Classes, including One-on-One Private Coaching and Small Group (4-10 students) Classes. All of them attended the AMC 8 contest on November 15, 2016, and their average score is 21.85. Remarkably, 48 students received National Certificates for the Mathematical Associations of America, as shown in Tables 1, 2, 3, and 4.
All our students who achieved the top scores on the AMC 8 actually attend our high level AMC 10/12 classes, not our standard level AMC 8 classes. They know that in order to a top score, they must aim even higher!
20,8137 students worldwide participated in the 2016 AMC 8 contest from over 2,000 schools. In the USA, 196,019 students participated, and the overall national average score is 9.35 out of a maximum of 25. All our students achieved a score that is much higher than the overall national average score.
Top scorers and statistics can be found at http://amc-reg.maa.org/reports/generalreports.aspx
Read more at:
- 2015 AMC 8 Results Announced
- 2014 AMC 8 Winners for the U.S. Ivy League Education Center
- Premier National Mathematics Competition — AMC 8
- 2016 AMC 8 Problems and Answers
- 2015 AMC 8 Problems and Answers
- The Big Value of Middle School Math Competitions
- Great Benefits of Math Competitions
- A Little Competition Can Inspire Math Students to Greater Achievement
- Small-sized Class Instruction-focused Model
- Homework Correction is very Important — We Give an Extensive Correction of the Incorrect Answers of All Homework
- Homework assignments are a fundamental part of our courses
- Mathematics competitions are NOT mysterious, and every student can attend them! — 数学竞赛绝非神秘，每个学生都可参加！
- Girls should attend math competitions — 女生更应参加数学竞赛
- The Importance of Discrete Mathematics
Click HERE find out more about Math Competitions!